Our 12-year old business is a worker-owned cooperative, and we are looking for staff who are interested in joining us. After a 9-month candidacy period, full-time staff who qualify have the opportunity to become owners, participating in the governance of the business and profit sharing. During the candidacy period, you’ll learn about all aspects of the business, from financials and business operations to cooperative governance. We do dishes and mop floors too.
Full-time positions have 100% dental and vision coverage, Life and Long Term Disability insurance. Owners also have 2 weeks paid vacation after one year and profit sharing.
How to apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed relevant work experience. Tell us a little about yourself and what you’re looking for.
Or stop in the shop and pick up an application.
If we think you may be a good candidate for the position, we'll ask you to come in for an interview.
Experienced Kitchen Professional
We're looking for an experienced cook and kitchen person, who wants to expand their skills by joining our team. You should have a minimum of three years solid experience in restaurant, catering, or bakery kitchens. We make everything we sell from scratch, from stocks to fillings to doughs, and it takes a knowledgeable professional to keep all the balls in the air and produce consistently quality products. We will train the right person with our recipes and processes for production baking. You will learn sheeting doughs and pastry, making fillings and finished products. It's the backbone of what we do. You will also prep and clean, and participate in customer service and general kitchen and business duties. If you are looking to hone your skills, are a detail-oriented, motivated, sharp and smart kitchen person, this may be the place for you. This is a full-time position and reports to our Kitchen Manager and Lead Baker.
- Responsible for production of multiple products, to bakery standards
- Weigh/measure/mix ingredients and Prepare bakery recipes consistently to production and quality standards
- Excellent management and organizational skills a must to plan daily work schedule to ensure all work is done well and on time
- Ensure quality of all products on a consistent basis
- Customer Service and front of house duties shared among staff
- General kitchen duties, including produce prep as needed and required
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including workstation and dish washing as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to read and follow recipes consistently
- Strong culinary skills and commercial kitchen experience, including the ability to problem solve
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with a strong sense of urgency, function under a fluctuating workload and work under pressure. Time management and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to stand continuously through a full shift, and to lift 50 pounds comfortably.
We are looking for a great afternoon/evening generalist position. The position includes customer service, kitchen prep, and closing and cleaning duties. Our current need is for part-time, with the possibility of full-time in the coming months.Preference will be given to candidates with culinary and commercial bakery experience, so that we can bring on someone to join our team and grow into a bakery position.
But we'll train the right person if you've got the background and the desire.
If you love people, have great communication and people skills, are a self-motivated and take-charge person, with a desire to learn and enjoy physical work, you're the kind of person we need.
All positions require the ability to move comfortably and safely around a commercial kitchen, stand for a full shift, and lift at least 50 pounds comfortably on a regular basis. A CA food handler card is required.
Saturdays and holiday season availability are a requirement. We offer flexible shifts and a great work environment.